Give Your Mom a Mother’s Day She Will Never Forget
Mother’s Day is right around the corner, and by corner, we mean Sunday! Time to get organized for a day spent spoiling and celebrating Moms. Today’s blog post is dedicated to all the hardworking Moms! This post will provide a few creative and fun ideas to celebrate and thank Moms on their special day. Ideas such as homemade crafts, brunch ideas and a mimosa bar, these ideas will be a sure hit on Sunday and a perfect way to show how much you care!Looking for an extra gift or need supplies?
Stop in at Dollarwise for last minute necessities to make Mother’s Day extra special!
Lavender, Sweet Pea and Coconut Body Wash: $3.25 each
Fresh Aloe, Sweet Pea or Cocoa Butter Lotion: $3.25 each.
Coconut, Lavender or Ocean Breeze Shampoo: $3.25 each.
Lavender or Camomile Epsom Salts: $3.25 each.
Mother's Day Craft
This idea doesn’t require many materials or special techniques, which makes it easy for all ages to make! Thumbprints are a fun and cute way to decorate terracotta pots, and can be transformed into lady bugs, flowers, butterflies and more.
- Small to medium sized terracotta pots
- Colourful paint
- Small paint brushes (for any small lines/details)
Pro Tip: Cover surfaces with table clothes for an easy cleanup. Stock up on supplies in store!
Found on: http://www.momalwaysfindsout.com/thumbprint-art/#_a5y_p=5319672
The smell of homemade muffins is wonderful to wake up to, especially on Mother’s Day! Try these easy and delicious blueberry and buttermilk muffins.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a standard size muffin tin with parchment paper liners and spray each one with nonstick spray for baking.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Gradually mix the buttermilk into the flour mixture, stirring gently and being careful not to overmix.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Use a large scoop to divide the batter evenly into each muffin well. They will be filled to the very top. Sprinkle generously with sparkling sugar!
- Bake at 400 degrees for 22-26 minutes
Found on: https://lovelylittlekitchen.com/best-ever-buttermilk-blueberry-muffins/
This idea was featured on Dollarwise’s Instagram page yesterday and is a fantastic and creative idea to set up during breakfast or brunch. Spice up regular orange juice mimosas by trying different juices such as pineapple, grapefruit, and adding fresh fruit. Fill plastic or glass juice jugs with each type and lay them out on your table or counter. Additionally, lay out champagne flutes in a neat row beside the juice.
Make pretty labels for each of the bottles of juice with construction paper and ribbon. Find printable labels at the link below.
Mother’s Day is the one day of year (even though it should be every day) that we celebrate Moms! Show them how much you care by giving gifts from the heart, homemade gifts and cards, baking, and brunch in bed. It’s the little things that mean the most. Happy Mother’s Day from the entire Dollarwise team!
The Best Prices At Dollarwise
No matter what you need, you can find it for cheaper than anywhere else by shopping at Dollarwise. For the lowest prices on everything for house and home in Barbados, be sure to visit the location nearest you.