3 Delicious Alternatives to Ice Cream & How to Make Them
Who doesn’t love ice cream after spending the day outside or at the beach? It would be hard to find someone who wouldn’t answer yes to that question!
Although ice cream is on the top of many peoples list of sweet treats, there are dozens of other treats to satisfy your sweet tooth: homemade gelato, to popsicles, to frozen lemonade and more. The possibilities are endless to stay hydrated and cool when those sugar cravings hit!
This week’s blog post will give you a few easy to make recipes for cool treats with steps to follow. For ingredients and other home and baking items, stop by one of the Dollarwise locations to stock up!
A fruity and healthy alternative to ice cream.
Find It Here
Raspberry Coconut Popsicles
These coconut milk popsicles are naturally sweetened, with no refined sugars!
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk (400mL each)
- 1/4 cup honey (sub maple syrup or agave syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- In a blender or food processor, combine both cans of coconut milk, the honey, and vanilla extract. Blend on high for 15 seconds to combine. Remove half (400mL) of the mixture to a measuring cup, or divide amongst the popsicle molds and freeze for at least 30 minutes before adding the raspberry layer.
- Add the frozen raspberries to the remaining coconut milk mixture in the blender and blend on high until thoroughly combined. Once the coconut base is frozen add either half of the raspberry mixture to the molds, and freeze again, or add all of it and insert the popsicle sticks, before freezing again.
- Freeze for at least 5-6 hours.
Find It Here
A tasty, zesty and refreshing frozen treat that makes drinking lemonade that much better!
Do you have any other frozen treat ideas you think we should know about? Head over to our Instagram page and let us know in the comments. @dollarwisecaribbean
The Best Prices At Dollarwise
No matter what you need, you can find it for cheaper than anywhere else by shopping at Dollarwise. For the lowest prices on everything for house and home in Barbados, be sure to visit the location nearest you.