Do You Have A Party To Plan? We Have You Covered
Happy October, it's another start to a great month to come. October can be a very busy month for some people, including you. Every other month it may feel like you have a ton of things to plan, one of them may be a party. Whether it is a birthday party for you or your kids, a house warming party, a dinner party, or even a wedding/baby shower. Parties are great when you aren’t the one planning it or if you are in charge of buying all the decorations, food, and supplies.
There are three main things to keep in mind when you are planning a party; guest list, food, and decorations. Sometimes the planning process can get out of hand and you could go overboard with the purchases. There is no need to spend a fortune on expensive decorations or party items! The best place to shop for party decorations, gifts, and party snacks is at the dollar store. Lucky for you we have several great locations. Stop in at one of our Dollarwise locations for the best prices on everything you would need to throw the party of your dreams. Today we will show you how to prep for your next party. Tips for food and decoration.
We have an entire board for party planning on our Pinterest page, check it out here: https://www.pinterest.ca/dollarwisecarib/party-planning/
All the Food
Feeding your guests can be tough, especially if you have any picky eaters. Grabbing easy snack foods are perfect, chips, popcorn, or candy. They can also be found for cheap at the local grocery store or a dollar store near you. We thought it would be great to show you a recipe for an easy to make cupcake recipe.
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Tightly wrap 12 cupcakes; freeze for a later use.
- Stir blue food color into frosting until blended. Frost remaining 12 cupcakes with frosting.
- Cut six 1 1/2-inch pieces from fruit snack roll; peel off paper backing. Use fruit snack and remaining ingredients to decorate cupcakes as shown in photo or as desired.
Decorate Like a Pro
Remember, decorations don’t have to crazy hard to make or expensive. Here is a great idea for an easy festive garland decoration. They require little materials and can be made in different colours and sizes and can be spread out around the inside or outside of your house.
DIY: Festive Paper Garland
- Step 1: Pick Out Paper Shapes
- Step 2: Form Shapes and Tie Different Areas of Your House
- Step 3: Add Ribbon
The Best Prices At Dollarwise
No matter what you need for party supplies, you can find it for cheaper than anywhere else by shopping at Dollarwise. For the lowest prices on everything for house and home in Barbados, be sure to visit the location nearest you.